[DeTomaso] Fwd: POCA ELECTION VOTING

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 22:16:45 EST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <GR2835 at comcast.net>
Date: Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 11:23 AM
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] POCA ELECTION VOTING
To: Jeff Detrich <jjdetrich at gmail.com>

Jeff,
     The name of the person that listed you as an associate as well as the
two other people that listed their fax machine and their cell phone as
their associate *are known by those handling voting*.
Gerry

>>>This is an interesting response I got from one of the people that
prepare the voting list emails for elections. It seems to imply that they
didn't recognize my right to be listed as an Associate Member.  I suggest
they read the the exact wording of the By-Laws. It clearly states that
naming me is perfectly okay. I'm an Associate Member and entitled to all
the privileges that flow from that, including the right to vote.

>>>I'm sure you all are getting tired of this, but I've served on the
Board, Co-Chaired a Fun Rally, been a president or treasurer of my local
chapter for many years, etc, etc. You don't know what goes on in Board
Meetings and that suits them fine. Somebody needs to speak up so that the
Board starts to represent all the Members and be good custodians of your
money. You deserve nothing less.

Jeff
6559

*ARTICLE III    MEMBERS*

*Section 1.  Classification of Members:*

There shall be three (3) classes of members of the Club; Regular members,
Associate members, and Honorary members, which are defined as follows:

*(b)   **Associate Members:*  The spouse of a Regular member, *or one (1)
other person designated by the Regular member shall be Associate members*.
The designation of an Associate member shall be made by the Regular member
on his/her initial membership application or at the time of submitting a
renewal application.  A child of a Regular member shall be eligible for
membership as the Associate member provided that he/she resides in the same
household with the Regular member, resides in an educational institution of
higher learning, or is in the armed forces.  Associate members, if 18 years
of age, shall have voting privileges.