[DeTomaso] Fuel injection system and brakes question

Kurt Byrnes kdb at kbyrnes.com
Thu Nov 5 00:43:49 EST 2015

In regards to SVRA.  I've been running an old MG with SVRA for years.
You should read their group requirements in detail before you show up
for tech.  They're picky about fuel cells, wheels and tires, engine
mods, etc.  Many of the changes we make to our cars will, in theory,
bump you to a higher class.  Running a stroked engine (class bump),
aluminum heads (class bump), 17-18" wheels (class bump), and so on.  I
talked with Tony Parella who owns SVRA about my Pantera and he basically
said to be honest about the car but request group 6.  As long as you
don't walk away from the group, he'll probably let you run in 6.  I'm
licensed with VRG but can race with any Vintage Motorsports Council
club.  I'll get my log book for the car through VRG.

Kurt