[DeTomaso] ZF Ratios and Specs

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Nov 4 18:58:50 EST 2015

Michael,

Although the spreadsheet on Panteraplace is very useful, it will take any value and thus give you data for gears that don't exist. GIGO.

Lloyd Butfoy's program allows you to select from the available ratios. Generally, the stock R&P is 4.22; some GT-5S era cars could be had with an optional 4.00, and 3.77 is the widely popular 'Le Mans' gear set.

A new rear end set is about $2500. Some people have gone for both the 3.77 and super-overdrive 5th gear (.642 or .620) and the combination of the two has been a failure in most cases. Fifth then becomes too tall to be realistically useable below 90-100 mph or so.

What are you hoping to achieve?  Most people would be best served with the stock 4.22 and the taller 5th, I think.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone