[DeTomaso] Fuel injection system and brakes question

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 19:14:51 EST 2015

The stock arrangement really isn't that bad, but it is probably very very
old.  I just rebuilt mine and it was inexpensive, but every part I thought
would be fine turned out to need attention.  Brake flex lines, the master
cylinder (I bought a GM Step bore master modified by Precision Pro-formance
that I like) and caliper rebuilds just to get 40 years of brake sludge
out.  The rears were more tricky than the fronts but there is a good web
page describing the procedure (and many other related procedures)
http://www.panteraplace.com/Sub1/page306.html
http://www.panteraplace.com/page137.htm
http://www.panteraplace.com/page202.htm

A google search will show a bunch of owners odysseys.  Wilwood has calipers
now with dust boots so be sure you get those if you opt for the more
expensive but truly grand braking experience. Without dust boots you may
need to service them more often.  The stock ones, of course come with boots
though they can get pinched with rough handling during a rebuild :)

sean

--
   The stock arrangement really isn't that bad, but it is probably very
   very old.A  I just rebuilt mine and it was inexpensive, but every part
   lines, the master cylinder (I bought a GM Step bore master modified by
   Precision Pro-formance that I like) and caliper rebuilds just to get 40
   years of brake sludge out.A  The rears were more tricky than the fronts
   but there is a good web page describing the procedure (and many other
   related
   procedures)A [1]http://www.panteraplace.com/Sub1/page306.htmlA [2]http:
   //www.panteraplace.com/page137.htmA [3]http://www.panteraplace.com/page
   202.htmA
   A google search will show a bunch of owners odysseys.A  Wilwood has
   calipers now with dust boots so be sure you get those if you opt for
   the more expensive but truly grand braking experience. Without dust
   boots you may need to service them more often.A  The stock ones, of

   On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 5:51 PM, Konrad Szwab <[4]kszwab at gmail.com>