[DeTomaso] Mail list for POCA members only and POCA elections

Patrick HALS patrickhals at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 15:44:43 EST 2015

I was once a member of POCA and paid my annual fee. I thought, after a
while, that the benefits of being a POCA member were equivalent to zero
from my prospective . PIM magazine was much more interesting at the time (
I was paying my fee there too )- So, I build my Panteras, both street and
racing, thanks to the friendship and support of many of you, and I am
thankful for your constant help and support. POCA was of NO USE at all,
especially when it comes to racing , that seems to be of  interest of 1% of
the members only ( may be 2% now... ).
The mailing list is so intricated ( I get it once a day ) that I can barely
read it, and when something is of interest to me, it is most of time,
impossible to read until the end , because the mesg is just way too long
,and is truncated by Gmail. So, a waste of time. the various emails are
repeated ad nauseam, making it impossible to read it for me. I tried to
receive it instantly, it was worse, as it was coming into my mailbox like
unexpected tsunami alerts every five minutes when the US West coast wakes
up....
Limiting the list to POCA members is a non sense. Precisely, the list is
one of the best tools to attract new members and new owners, because they
will see that there is a REAL club , alive and kicking, and a massive
support behind it ( technical, historical, ethical, social, .... ) like
there is now in France with Stephane Bergeron and the French Pantera
Connection club .
You all know I am an unconditional supporter of the marque, and my humble
comment tonight will be  : let's put a businessman in place who will do his
best efforts to finally bring "our"club into the 21st century. So , would I
be a POCA member ( which I am not ) I would vote for someone who wants
things to improve, and who has explained us how he intends to do things
professionnaly, i.e. Michael Shortt.
Even if he never ran a Chapter or was never in charge of anything at POCA,
he will not be alone in charge, and will have the support of all of us who
want to improve the system in the interest of our favorite toys.
May be the list will be easier to decrypt, and that would be, to me,
already a major achievement !
I just hope I don't offend anyone with my abrupt statements ....If so, I
apologize gladly ! No hard feelings !
Pat
Candy 2862 - ADA 9628