[DeTomaso] Fuel injection system and brakes question

Konrad Szwab kszwab at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 15:31:10 EST 2015

I already have a "bomb" that is trying to get me killed (dying, no start,
bad brakes, stinking of fuel right behind me, overheating) :)

I am trying to get a bit more reliability like my Camaro that gets me
wherever I need to go and having just to watch out for big trucks and
trains.

Oh, how I wish I would have let my father install the fuel injection 23
years ago :(

At least now it is a better system available, one hopes.

-------------- next part --------------
   I already have a "bomb" that is trying to get me killed (dying, no
   start, bad brakes, stinking of fuel right behind me, overheating) :)
   I am trying to get a bit more reliability like my Camaro that gets me
   wherever I need to go and having just to watch out for big trucks and
   trains.
   Oh, how I wish I would have let my father install the fuel injection 23
   years ago :(
   At least now it is a better system available, one hopes.

   On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 2:15 PM, Michael Shortt
     If you really want the bomb in ignition, explore an Electromotive
     distributorless system ( 4 coils with a crank trigger ).

     Michael Shortt

     Ahhh - lope, as in the idle rpm varying, up and down.A  Thank you
     On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Stephen <[6]steve at snclocks.com>
     wrote:
     > I switched over to MSD so I could get good cold-start and smooth
     idle.
     > OK, engine has a moderate cam, so as smooth as I could get.A  I
     also
     > wanted the MSD computer to control the ignition timing.A  Except
     for
     > the challenge of getting good guidance on which cam designation to
     use
     > in setting up the MSD (use street - mild and large are really bad)
     the
     > system performed as advertised.
     >
     > Not exactly sure how an MSD 4 bbl (as in 4 butterflies) would
     change
     > the sound of the engine.A  Rather than get into a p'ing match,
     let's
     > just say I don't understand.
     >
     > Brakes - I went with Pantera Perf suppled Wildwood, and kept the
     > original rear brake calipers just for the e-brake service.A  Given
     > don't drive my car at 99.99%, or at 70% either, I find the system
     very
     > tractable and love the brakes.A  Including the e-brake.
     >
     > Just my thought.A  If you want to talk some, give me a call.
     >
     > Stephen Nelson
     > [7]360-210-7295

     Konrad
     > Szwab
     > Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 7:48 AM
     > To: DeTomaso Mail List <[9]detomaso at poca.com>
     > Subject: [DeTomaso] Fuel injection system and brakes question
     >
     > Now that I have a bit of time to try to resurrect my poor '73
     Pantera,
     > I would like to ask for recommendations/sources for the following:
     >
     > 1. Fuel injection system for a '73 Cleveland. Recommended model
     and
     > sources, pitfalls in installation. Is there a write up anywhere
     from
     > someone who did the conversion ?
     >
     > 2. Brake rebuild kit. Sources, pitfalls ?
     >
     > Thanks,
     >
     > Konrad

     etc.) use
     the links above.