[DeTomaso] Fuel injection system and brakes question

Stephen steve at snclocks.com
Tue Nov 3 12:19:01 EST 2015

I switched over to MSD so I could get good cold-start and smooth idle.  OK, engine has a moderate cam, so as smooth as I could get.  I also wanted the MSD computer to control the ignition timing.  Except for the challenge of getting good guidance on which cam designation to use in setting up the MSD (use street - mild and large are really bad) the system performed as advertised.

Not exactly sure how an MSD 4 bbl (as in 4 butterflies) would change the sound of the engine.  Rather than get into a p'ing match, let's just say I don't understand.

Brakes - I went with Pantera Perf suppled Wildwood, and kept the original rear brake calipers just for the e-brake service.  Given I don't drive my car at 99.99%, or at 70% either, I find the system very tractable and love the brakes.  Including the e-brake.

Just my thought.  If you want to talk some, give me a call.

Stephen Nelson
360-210-7295