[DeTomaso] Pantera - by Jan P. Norbye

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sat May 30 17:25:23 EDT 2015

So, I was at the Exotics at RTC this morning, and a gentleman walks up to me
and introduces himself.  He said that he had been collecting car brochures,
booklets, etc. for years, and was finally cleaning out his garage.  He'd
already given away all of the Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche stuff, but
had one Pantera item and was I interested.  Sure!  So he goes to his car and
comes back with a booklet with a gray cardstock cover titled Pantera, with
the Isis logo, by Jan P. Norbye.  It's seven pages of information on the
Pantera, and according to my benefactor, was what Ford would send you if you
contacted them with interest in the Pantera.

It's quite interesting, and starts out with telling you that the Pantera is
not a utility car, nor is it a family car.  It is not meant as an every-day
car, etc.   Then goes on to explain why the engine is in the middle, and
various other design and safety information, obviously aimed at someone who
never had or considered a "sports" car, especially from a dealer of Marquis
and Town Cars.

I'd never seen one of these before, and this one is in mint condition,
already been sealed in a ziplock bag.  What can any of you tell me about
this bit of history?
<http://www.amazon.com/Tomaso-Pantera-351-Osprey-AutoHistory/dp/0850453828/r
ef=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1433020927&sr=8-9&keywords=norbye>
Amazon has a number of books by Norbye, including one on the Pantera, De
Tomaso Pantera: '351' V8 Pantera, L, GTS, Gr3, GT4 (Osprey Auto History)

Mike Thomas
Pres., Panteras Northwest
Yellow '74 #6328