[DeTomaso] problems with engine shutting down

James coyne tecnosound at hotmail.com
Fri May 29 18:42:45 EDT 2015

Semi-clogged fuel filter ?

From: cwhamm at frontier.com
To: detomaso at poca.com
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 15:23:10 -0700
Subject: [DeTomaso] problems with engine shutting down

Thanks for all the input. I was headed up to Napa to buy an ignition coil
and though I would do a test of all of what is going on. Started up fine.
Choke was on. About 1500rpm. Backed out. Let it run for about a minute.
Tapped on the throttle and choke went off and we are off. 60 degrees F
outside. No problems until it gets nice and warm. Put it in neutral and was
coasting down a hill with no braking and in about 10 seconds it dies. Stop
and it starts perfect. It will run good for about 20 seconds and it starts
to die if I feather the gas I can keep it running. Clear it and we are fine.
If I let it die it starts up fine. Here is what might tell you guys what is
wrong. If I drive in first at 3k steady it bucks some and once in a while it
will pop. Between 30 and 40 in 2nd and 3rd it bucks some.  It will
accelerate fine. Runs fine at high speed. Any time now at an idle eventually
it will die after it is warmed up.

Clarke Hamm 7350

[...]

   by POCA Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes DeTomaso mailing
   list DeTomaso at poca.com