[DeTomaso] Problems with engine shutting down

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Fri May 29 16:03:01 EDT 2015

Question: where is the power for the choke coming from? If as sometimes happens, it is a tap on the hot wire for the ignition coil, MOVE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE! This reduces voltage to the ignition and on most cars acts like a rev-limiter. On yours it may be acting like a cut-off switch. It definitely sounds like electrical since instant-anything is not fuel related. If not the choke wiring, maybe the electrical portion of the ignition switch.
My best guess- J DeRyke