[DeTomaso] Texas Fun Rally

rcbsons1 at aol.com rcbsons1 at aol.com
Fri May 22 16:08:54 EDT 2015

 I would also like to thank the Texas group for all their
hard work in putting on a great fun Rally.  It is always a
good time to see a lot of familiar faces (who remembers the names)
and many new faces..... we all have the same thing in common
with our old Detomaso cars.... hearing the stories, fixing the cars,
going to the places is what is all about... I like... a few... think taking
my car three days to and three days back to run a track that I
will never see again was an adventure I will never forget... hanging
with Tom Upton, Kirby, Ron, Rich, David to name a few is
a great time.... Kirby got any gas:)

I soaked up some info from Tom Upton that I would have never known

Secret:  Do you know why he does 182 down the straight in 4th gear
Well he downshifted into what was to be 3rd gear but hit 5th one time
and ended up in the weeds... he came right in and blocked off 5th so
that would not happen again.. still same plate there now... we call that priceless info...
great times and fun

thanks again for all the hard work John, Jeff, Kirby and the others

At work today with no one here sorting thru the mess

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera
Ps... spent an hour and a half cleaning up the car last night after I got home
        It is a sickness