[DeTomaso] 160 degree thermostat vs 180 degree thermostat

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue May 19 14:00:48 EDT 2015

Fwiw I just looked at the image on the website and it shows a non-351C unit, no hat. Mifht be just a generic stock image?  The application chart lists a bunch of weird Ford Diesel engines, Mazda, Isuzu etc. and no 351C. I know of no other engine besides the C/M family of Fords that use our thermostat.

I think this is a swing and a miss?  Stephen--do you actually have photos of this thing?

I have found the various Stant 351C units at O'Reilly easily enough, armed in advance with the proper part numbers thanks to Garth Roderick's excellent research. I strongly going to his website and following the trail he blazed so well...I fear you may be in the wilderness, and few things suck as much as an overheating Pantera due to an improper thermostat. :(

Sent from my iPhone