[DeTomaso] Vibration in Longchamp, part 3

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Tue May 12 08:56:46 EDT 2015

Got wheels back, very off balance before according to the shop, but no
change, vibration still there. Did find out that the vibration is only at
80-90 mph, just have to go 100 mph, then it's fine. A bit scary testing on
50 mph max country roads.

So took the prop shaft off to have it balanced. It's brand new custom made
in the UK. Took it to the only shop in Copenhagen area. The guy immediately
said: "It's a Ford yoke but not rear a Ford flange?". They seem to know what
they're doing! We'll see. Maybe a waste of money, but have to keep trying.

Today I had it back. They added 30 grams to the rear and 15 grams to the
front. And then they told me that in the UK the balancing was not done as
well as at their shop. Well, maybe, we'll see. Can't test until I get dry
roads, the speeds I need to get to is for dry roads only.

Mvh/Regards

Mikael