[DeTomaso] NPT Hydrogen powered Toyota

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Mon May 11 19:12:09 EDT 2015

"Making water" while you drive is wonderful, as is the toxic waste
reduction.
On the other side:
- low-density safety issues that Lynn points out
- high-pressure safety issues
- low energy-storage density (6 times as big a tank as gasoline for
compressed hydrogen)
- lack of distribution infrastructure
- a lot of platinum required for catalyst
and so on.

Liquification nearly doubles the storage density but
- large energy requirement for liquification
- cryogenic storage cost
- cryogenic storage issues

So it's not like it's a really dumb-ass idea, but it's no clear win.
dave