[DeTomaso] Driving to the Fun Rally?

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Sat May 9 21:57:49 EDT 2015

Bill,

You have the most confidence of anybody I know if you are driving from Calgary to Houston with no wipers or defroster.  In case you haven't been paying attention, the midwest has been getting hit hard with storms with lots of rain for the last couple of weeks and they are forecasting more in the coming days.

I'm living right on the edge waiting for a replacement condenser to show up at my house on Tuesday to I can install it and get the A/C charged on Wednesday before I leave for Houston early Thursday.  Needless to say, I have no room for anything going wrong.  I was thinking that I needed the A/C to survive hot Texas temps but now I think it will be more necessary to be able to de-mist the windshield if (or when) I hit rain.  I know in all the years I didn't have functional A/C I'd have to have a towel ready to wipe off the inside of the windshield in order to see....not fun.  Oh, in all those prior years my windshield leaked so I had to deal with wet carpets in the rare event I got caught in a big downpour.

I had a new windshield put in after I chipped the previous one on the drive to Phoenix.  I was told the reason my windshield leaked was because it was one of the aftermarket ones that were slightly undersized.  The new one is supposed to be OEM so I'm hopeful it won't leak but it hasn't been in the rain yet to know if if does or doesn't leak.  I suspect I'll find out on this trip.

Hope your trip goes well.  You should have plenty of experiences to write an article for the newsletter.

See you in Houston,

Tom
5186