[DeTomaso] NPC- POCA Account Balance (was Reno Fernley Raceway)

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed May 6 11:24:55 EDT 2015

Marshall/Boyd,

My
apologies for the delayed response; I am truly humbled by your support and the
notion that you feel I am qualified to run for office simply through my
'antics' on this email forum. It is easy to sit here in the void that is the
internet with a keyboard, fumbled fingers and spellchecker to come up with
written drivel that is critical, (perhaps even sometimes a little inflammatory)
or humorous. Actually scratch the last one; no one ever gets my British humor!

Currently
the demands of my job don't permit me a lot of spare time; if they did then I'd
have no excuse for why neither of my Pantera's is currently running! There's
also the fact that I'm currently working on assignment outside the US, making
adequate representation of the club somewhat challenging. I fully agree that
one way to effect influence is from the inside and perhaps at some point in the
future I will 'put my money where my mouth is' and consider a more active role
if the level of member support to do so is there. For now I feel comfortable in
being able to hide north of the border and throw the occasional rock snowball
into the conversation!

would like to say that we the members (and I am as guilty as the next) are
often quick to decry efforts of the elected board members, who are after all
just like the rest of us; car enthusiasts first and foremost and secondly we
did vote them into their position. As with many leadership roles, the negative
sells news and the positive gets diluted, so I would like to take a moment to
acknowledge that I have seen positive and encouraging moves of late from the POCA
leadership. The move toward electronic voting, the willingness of some board
members to openly discuss the balance sheet etc. all speaks to a more open
board becoming better in touch with the membership.

In
my experience transparency is one the single biggest attributes to successful
leadership, put simply, it is the easiest way to build trust.

often reflect on when I purchased my first Pantera, attracted to it for the car
that we all have an affinity to, at that time oblivious to the existence of any
sort of club. Be assured that much of the reason I have owned a Pantera so long
(and owned three at one time) is the friendship and camaraderie it has brought;
as they say, that is priceless.

Thanks,

Julian