[DeTomaso] Vibration in Longchamp

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 10:58:59 EDT 2015

> When installing the AOD I chose the rear rubber mount that put it at the
right height, or at least tried.

It's important to get the output of the transmission and the input of the
differential parallel (both horizontally and vertically).  Some sources say
to bias the differential nose down a few degrees so that under acceleration
the input/output are parallel but that's more of a drag racing thing.  A
friend ran purchased a Superformance Cobra with a Tremec TKO 5 speed and
IRS.  It had a vibration from new that I fixed by shimming the transmission
mount.  With the set-back of engine, long transmission and short wheelbase
the driveshaft was very short and would practically fit in the palm of my
hand.

Dan Jones