[DeTomaso] Vibration in Longchamp

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Mon May 4 03:34:31 EDT 2015

This winter I replaced the engine, trans (C6 to AOD), propshaft, rear diff,
all rear ujoints and bearings. All was fine until I drove it fast as a test,
at 80-90 mph it has a nasty vibration. No vibration below that speed, all
seems fine. The vibration seems to change with load, but doesn't change if I
use 3rd gear, so don't think it's engine related.

Any ideas:

1.    Wheels (the easy one of course, no vibration last year with same
wheels though, and usually wheel vibrations start at 50 mph IMO)

2.    Prop shaft? (Brand new, built by people that don't do anything else in
UK)

3.    Angles? Could it be trans/rear diff angles? What's the name of the
tool that measures, inclinometer?

4.    Or?

Right now just looking for ideas. I plan European vacation including German
highways, so this has to be sorted out.

Mvh/Regards

Mikael