[DeTomaso] Tranny Oh Sh!t

L GRAY tipo874a at msn.com
Sun May 3 22:38:10 EDT 2015

  Jeff,
   As John Taphorn stated it is "most likely" the input shaft nose bearing just behind the input shaft seal.
   Do not operate the ZF until you replace this bearing. If you run it the input shaft can oscillate after the needles escape and take out the seal & make a heck of a mess for you. In rare cases the shaft can oscillate enough to set up a harmonic vibration which can and has cracked ZF cases !!

Leslie A. Gray