[DeTomaso] Oilzite

David adin at frontier.net
Mon Mar 30 12:40:35 EDT 2015

Kirbinator, somehow I remember a reference to needle breathing failures due to the dirty environment - but i was advised toward a needle bearing. Opted for a sealed ball bearing and happy so far.

Cheers,

Sent from my little handheld gizmo.

On Mar 30, 2015, at 9:49 AM, Kirby Schrader <kirby.schrader at gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 9:51 AM, David <adin at frontier.net> wrote:

>    Needle roller (lots of failure reports) vs bearing - why?

I keep seeing this reference to needle bearing failures, yet I've never heard from the 'lots of people' who have actually experienced a failure.
I run them 'everywhere'. Three Panteras and a GT40 all have a needle bearings for the pilot bearing.

OK, admittedly one of those Panteras isn't on the road yet, but it does have a needle bearing and you will see it at the Fun Rally.
Assuming father and son get their act together and finish it by then....

Later,
Kirby