[DeTomaso] Oilite Bronze Bushings - Marlin Jack?

coffield at mchsi.com coffield at mchsi.com
Mon Mar 30 08:37:54 EDT 2015

There has been quite a bit of previous discussion about the materials in many of the aftermarket pilot bearings which are usually sintered powdered metal.

For those looking to buy a PB, I recently purchased a couple from Summit along with another purchase. I bought RAM Pilot Bushings (part number BU50J, $8-10) because I had used them before. Even though the picture in the Summit catalogue makes it look like the typical sintered bronze bushing, in person, it looks more like wrought and not even a hint of ability to attract a strong magnet. Also, if you prefer a roller bearing, Timken Clutch Pilot Bearings TMK-FC65662. They’re $15-16. You may need to drop the TMK when you search it. Both of these dimensionally checked good.

I’m sure there are many sources but the RAM part has been consistent for years and the other is a Timken part number...available from your keyboard.

Best,