[DeTomaso] New Khumos coming (was Toyos for Pantera on e-bay ?)

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sun Mar 29 16:54:25 EDT 2015

Toyo's in 315/35-17 and 245/40-17 are currently listed on TireRack.com.  Interestingly enough, the 315's are in stock, the 245's available as "special order", which I would translate as "good luck with that . . . ".

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Toyo&tireModel=Proxes+R888&frontTire=135WR7R888&rearTire=44WR7R888&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

They still list the Khumo Ecsta XS, but the 315's are "Back order", and a conversation with a tech rep from TireRack indicated they are no longer in production.  He did say they will be stocking the new Khumo Ecsta v720, replacement for the XS, by the end of April.  According to this link, Khumo is set to refresh much of their lineup, and the new v720 is said to have much better wet handling than the XS, which was my main gripe.

http://www.tirereview.com/kumho-tire-product-offerings-2015/

The tread pattern certainly looks revised.

https://www.facebook.com/www.acanta.com.my/posts/660235830720226

Mike Thomas
Pres., Panteras Northwest
Yellow ’74 #6328