[DeTomaso] Fidanza

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 23:57:23 EDT 2015

I just bought a Fidanza flywheel for my Cobra replica, and it has the proper
machining for shoulder bolts.

So, maybe Fidanza fixed 351C flywheels too (same as 302,351W flywheels, so
small 351C volume is not an issue).  The Fidanza in my Pantera does not have
machining for shoulder bolts.

I am putting it together with 3/8² ARP/Chevy PP bolts, and they appear to
fit perfectly.  It isn¹t together yet.  That¹s my major task for the
weekend.

The PP is the Centerforce DF700000.  Recognize that PN?  I have been happy
with Centerforce, so I looked up the PN for a 428 FE.  I was somewhat
surprised to see the same PN as we use in a Pantera, but maybe it should be
obvious.  After all, the Ford Toploader has the same splines as a ZF, and
there isn¹t much more that can vary.

The only bummer is the flywheel showed up with no weights (428 is externally
balanced), so I had to call Summit to fix the problem.  They handled it
perfectly ­ and that¹s why I continue to buy from Summit.  They rarely screw
up, and they fix it immediately.

Will.