[DeTomaso] ignition switch/lock question

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Fri Mar 27 00:21:33 EDT 2015

The ignition lock is grounded through the mounting of the steering  column.
This is not a really positive way to be sure the lock cylinder is
grounded, but it is the way it was done by the factory. My '74 has no wire to
connect to the spade lug on the switch cylinder.

The only function which could be affected by a poor lock cylinder ground is
 the "key in lock" warning buzzer. If you leave the key in the lock and the
 buzzer sounds when you open the driver's door, you have a good enough
ground  connection.

The main  thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.
Do the best you can with what  your have where you are.
Have fun today!
SOBill

In a message dated 3/26/2015 4:23:58 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,