[DeTomaso] The most expensive DeTomaso ever....

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Mar 21 16:05:24 EDT 2015

This bounced the first time for some reason....

Hi guys,

Just found out, the De Tomaso brand was finally sold for 2.050.000 € to Luxemburg company Genii Capital (Gérard Lopez).

Article in italian:
http://www.alinews.it/2015/03/19/de-tomaso-guida-lussemburghese/

I'm fascinated that somebody would pay over 2 million Euros just for the rights to use the De Tomaso name on products?

Below is a Google translation of the text of the article:

(Alinews.it) - Turin, March 19, 2015 - For the De Tomaso begins a new season. The bankrupt company's assets without ever being taken off under the management Rossignolo, end-to L3 Holding Genii Capital roped Swiss-Luxembourg experienced in the way of racing with the Lotus team, know-how in the automotive industry, and particularly in carbon fiber , and that he plans to use the mark to produce 4500 two-seater sports cars a year and employ at least 360 people in the Torinese assembly and painting by 2021. L3 Holding, which had submitted a bid of 570 thousand euro, has awarded to 2 million and 50 thousand euro, the auction before the bankruptcy judge Joan Dominici keeping "the paw on the tail" of competitors, the Chinese of the Ideal Time Venture, who offered the same amount, for brands and prototype Deauville, without however no interest to production in Italy. And the plan has made a difference, as required by that announcement. Were immediately withdrawn from the race instead of the Turin Eos, who had also presented the envelope richer, 580 000 euro, and then stopped to share 910 thousand. "From next week we start," he said on the sidelines of the hearing, Patrick Louis former Lotus CEO, and head of the automotive sector of Genii Capital who has suffered a credit collected by the unions. "Next week you pay", corrected him smiling a collaborator. The first prototype, assured Louis, will be realized, without specifying where, within the year. For Joseph Anfuso Uilm the award to L3 Holding is positive, "because it takes into account the assumptions used. Ask about it on a more detailed business plan and an acceleration of its time. " Even the leaders of the local Fiom Federico Bellono (Turin) and Vittorio de Martino (Piedmont) good welcome the new consortium: "It opens a positive phase. There was the risk of not discuss more than anything because the mark was awarded to those who wanted just that. We are seeing the beginnings of a business plan, still very uncertain, and this will start a discussion with the owners of the company. " For Enrico Stasi an insolvency as always in these events, had started a job all uphill the satisfaction of having achieved a figure three to four times higher than the valuation of Flavio Dezzani, who made the report on behalf of the court judging the previous fair offer of 510 thousand euro, and especially having obtained the commitment to develop a productive future in Italy. No anticipation of the size of the investment, however. On establishment, L3 will assess whether to use an existing system or make it from scratch. Also because at this point could come in off the Piedmont Region also owns the area De Tomaso. Certainly, said Louis, "we will work together with public authorities", and this statement does assume that there has already been some contact. The heads of L3 Holding will however an inspection in Grugliasco factory in the coming weeks. "The brand de Tomaso is very important for us - added Louis - Now we aim to develop a prototype, which will demonstrate the quality of our production is a big challenge." Destined to become a centerpiece of luxury, or to be sold, however the prototype built by Rossignol, Deauville: "we do not care," said Louis. As recruitment Louis explained that not much to guaderà origins as the skills: "There is no difference for us for a former De Tomaso or former Fiat, serve qualifications. If we could take a former De Tomaso with the title right, fine with me. " Even this will discuss the workers in the assembly at the gates of the factory never bornnext Monday.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone