[DeTomaso] Track event attendees - 2015 POCA Lone Star Fun Rally Update #18

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 13:51:00 EDT 2015

*May 16-17, 2015*

*Update #18*

Registration opened for the Fun Rally Track Event with the Drivers Edge
yesterday at 9AM CST.

The current status (as of 12:36PM CST) is as follows:

*Registration Status             First   Name       Action Required*Confirmed
for May 16-17 at TWS  David   Adin       Nothing
Confirmed for May 16-17 at TWS  John    Conder     Nothing
Confirmed for May 16-17 at TWS  Alex    Engles     Nothing
Confirmed for May 16-17 at TWS  Richard Hoppe      Nothing
Confirmed for May 16-17 at TWS  Charles Huber      Nothing
Confirmed for May 16-17 at TWS  Jerry   Knotts     Nothing
Confirmed for May 16-17 at TWS  Ron     McCall     Nothing
Confirmed for May 16-17 at TWS  Bill    Moore      Nothing
Confirmed for May 16-17 at TWS  Ed      Nagel      Nothing
Confirmed for May 16-17 at TWS  Robert  Pink       Nothing
Confirmed for May 16-17 at TWS  Nick    Sakulenzki Nothing
Confirmed for May 16-17 at TWS  Kirby   Schrader   Nothing
Confirmed for May 16-17 at TWS  Michael Simmons    Nothing
Confirmed for May 16-17 at TWS  Mike    Trusty     Nothing
Confirmed for May 16-17 at TWS  Thomas  Upton      Nothing
Confirmed for May 16-17 at TWS  Keith   Verges     Nothing
Confirmed for May 16-17 at TWS  Anthony La Sorsa   Nothing

Those of you on the list got confirmation emails.

If you pre-registered and were on the previous list and are *not *on the
above list, please go to The Driver's Edge website and click on the
Registration button for TWS May 16-17 as per my individual email
instructions that I sent out over the weekend.

He is holding your spots and waiting for you to register. We have had a
couple more cancellations.

114 registrations within the first 4 minutes. Even he was surprised... It
is a popular event and with TWS disappearing, lots of people want to drive
it one last time. CVAR ran their last event there in February and there
were 250 cars!

For all you folks who have a Pantera but are proposing your ‘backup car',
*please* do your best to bring the Pantera. After all, it _is_ a
Pantera event.

You've got almost 3 months to get it going! That’s good motivation!
The question was asked 'Are mufflers required?'
Tom Upton races there all the time and he responded:
"Track has same as SCCA. 104 db @ 70 ft, but I have not seen it being
enforced even though I went to great pains to meet it."

*New information - This is important. PLEASE READ.*
One of the guys here asked about seat belts. The Driver’s Edge accepts
stock seats with the standard three point belts. However, if you have
upgraded to a racing seat or a harness you *must* have an anti-submarine
belt.
Some confusion results when people talk about this. For example...
My race car has a Simpson snap latch system consisting of:
Lap belts - 2 mount points
Anti-submarine belt - 1 mount point
Should belts in a V to a single mount point - 1 mount point
Total 4
This is acceptable to The Driver’s Edge.

Personally, I will be upgrading my setup to a 5 point by separating the
shoulder belts so it works with my Hans device better.
CVAR, SCCA and others are all saying you need 5 or 6 point mounts. The 6th
is a ‘Y’ anti-submarining belt.

If that’s not clear, let me know. This may generate some discussion,
but that’s OK. 4 point to some people mean two lap belts and two shoulder
belts with no anti-submarine belt. This will not be accepted.

Also, your belts will need to be within the acceptable date range. If they
are older than 5 years, you really need to change them!

Thanks,
Kirby

Links: Texas World Speedway - http://www.texasworldspeedway.com