[DeTomaso] Three Panteras for sale

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 13:57:32 EDT 2015

Maybe so.  I just stopped by their show room.  It is a small place in the
heart of downtown Ft. Lauderdale.  They had mostly Bentleys and Rolls
Royces.

They only had the 74 light blue Pantera in their show room.  The rest must
be offsite.  Real estate is expensive in this part of town.

They had the red slats that are displayed on the red Pantera, but they did
not have the red Pantera in the show room.  I’m wondering if there was
another show room near by.

The blue Pantera was in good condition from what I could tell.  It looks
better in person than in pictures.  I can see it going for $60-$70,
especially as a garage queen.  It has 24K miles, so you know the mechanicals
are dried out, etc.

The salesmen ignored me, which usually happens when I drive up in the
Insight.

> I know the area. I might stop by this weekend to look around.
>
> At those prices, he〓s trying to push the envelope.

>>>Absolutely.   He's trying to surf the wave.   But he's a dealer, what do you
expect?

Asking prices are not selling prices.   I see these as $60-70K cars in the
real world.

[...]

     At those prices, he$B".(Bs trying to push the envelope.