[DeTomaso] Wilwood, Brembo brakes

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 07:53:37 EDT 2015

Mike,

A correction!

I have to differ with you with regard to 6 piston Wilwood calipers,

I have been running 6 piston calipers on the front of 1661 for years.
I think I installed them back in 2000 or so. They are SuperLites, I think.

With 15” wheels.

Yes, I have 18” wheels now for the street, but 15” Gottis or Bassetts fit
just fine.

1921, the race car, is actually running the Wilwood 6 piston Grand National
calipers.
These do NOT fit all 15” wheels (Campagnolo, for example), but they too
will fit the Gottis and Bassetts.
I ran them at the track a couple of weeks ago, so I know they fit!
:-)

FWIW,
Kirby