[DeTomaso] Techno question: stock fuel sender

Jerry Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Mon Mar 9 16:29:27 EDT 2015

One thing not mentioned -  I have refurbed 2 so far.  If the tank sits
for a while the rheostat on the sender becomes corroded.  You can remove
the wire and 3 bolts on the sender and it will snake out of the tank.  I
use a combo of Electromotive cleaner and some light abrasive on both the
rheostat and the contact.  Seems to work fine.  Although the sender on
my '71 wasn't working because the rheostat portion had corroded away.
It is also nice to use a new gasoline resistant gasket when it goes back
together.

2 out of 3 ain't bad.
jerry knotts