[DeTomaso] Fw: NPC! (was: Re: A Very Scary Obituary)

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 14:39:35 EDT 2015

I served in the US Army Reserves for 10 years.  I joined partly to earn extra cash during college, and also to serve my country.

I could have made much more working a normal civilian job, so money was definitely not the only reason.

I left when Clinton was President-elect, because I didn't feel like I was serving a purpose anymore. If 9/11 had happened by then, I wouldn't have left.

In my experience, many people join the military because it is their best job option, but they are a minority.  There are many more that join to serve their country.

Btw, this is a local problem.  In some areas, the military is a way out - of a town with a dead economy.  In other areas, not so much.

Sent from my iPhone