[DeTomaso] How do y'all polish your fuses?

Richard Barkley rlbpantera at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 8 21:41:18 EDT 2015

Charles,
This may not apply to you since you are in Europe, but hear in the
states there are a couple of inexpensive products to keep electrical
connections working. I cleaned and coated all my fuses about 13 years
ago and haven't had a problem since.

I have used OX-Gard with great success on the fuse box (actually all the
electrical connections). I found it at Home Depot but it doesn't seem to
be there now. Here it is at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Gardner-Bender-OX-100B-Anti-Oxidant-Compound/dp/B000BODU66
searching for Anti-Oxidant Compound at Home Depot I found:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ideal-Noalox-0-5-oz-Anti-Oxidant-Joint-Compound-30-024/202276207
Which is probably quite similar. It's also available at Amazon. Either,
or something similar, should be available at most hardware stores.

In my experience after doing Zonkey's restoration, the fuses with the
most problems were those which had changed over to driving relays (like
the headlights). It seems that very low current circuits are more likely
to be a problem.
Richard

--
-----
Sincerely, Richard Barkley

To Ski or not to Ski, that is the question!

Richard Barkley (310) 373-6695 (home)
E-mail:  rlbpantera <atsign> earthlink.net
ZONKEY'S home page: http://home.earthlink.net/~rlbpantera