[DeTomaso] Proposed Amendment Issues

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 16:44:25 EDT 2015

We still haven't gotten ours here in Texas!

Jeff
6559

-------------- next part --------------
   We still haven't gotten ours here in Texas!
   Jeff
   6559

   On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 3:37 PM, fastgrandma via DeTomaso
   <[1]detomaso at poca.com> wrote:

     A  A Yep, our ballot was mailed out right away!'
     A  A Judy
     A  A -----Original Message-----
     A  A From: Bill Moore <[2]bill at incendium.com>
     A  A To: fastgrandma <[3]fastgrandma at aol.com>; ccampman
     <[4]ccampman at cox.net>;
     A  A detomaso <[5]detomaso at poca.com>; sdpanteras
     <[6]sdpanteras at googlegroups.com>
     A  A Sent: Sun, Mar 8, 2015 1:29 pm
     A  A Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Proposed Amendment Issues
     A  A Thanks Judy, have "you" mailed your ballot yet.
     A  A I'm not saying how to vote, I'm saying "vote" !
     A  A If you don't vote you will not be able to bitch.
     A  A Cheers,
     A  A Bill Moore
     A  A Incendium Supply
     A  A Calgary
     A  A -------- Original message --------
     A  A From: fastgrandma via DeTomaso
     A  A Date:2015-03-08 2:09 PM (GMT-07:00)
     A  A To:

   A [1][7]ccampman at cox.net,[2][8]detomaso at poca.com,[3][9]sdpanteras at googl
   egroups.com
   A  A Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Proposed Amendment Issues
   A  A Craig,
   A  A Just to clarify. While the POCA Board has for many years been
   A  A attempting to update the Bylaws it finally came to a head after
   the
   A  A last election. To hopefully not have that happen again the Board
   has
   A  A been working hard on making the critical change to allow
   electronic
   A  A voting after the last very offensive election and while doing that
   it
   A  A was realized the wording on the 'majority of POCA members' would
   never,
   A  A ever happen so therefore the change was needed say to majority of
   A  A 'votes cast'.
   A  A As you are a relative newbie to POCA (we're coming up fast on our
   35th
   A  A year), you have to realize as has been mentioned more than once
   that in
   A  A a normal election there are just not that many members voting.
   This was
   A  A proven especially the year that in hopes of a better turn-out, a
   A  A pre-stamped and addressed envelope was included with the ballot.
   Even
   A  A then the number of votes cast was abysmal which just proved that
   too
   A  A many members figured their vote wasn't needed.
   A  A That is basically the reason the membership needs to vote YES on
   this
   A  A amendment, plain and simple.
   A  A Judy
   A  A Past VP and long-time owner/member of POCA
   A  A -----Original Message-----

   A  A From: Craig Campman <[4][10]ccampman at cox.net>
   A  A To: detomaso <[5][11]detomaso at poca.com>; San Diego Panteras
   A  A <[6][12]sdpanteras at googlegroups.com>
   A  A Sent: Sun, Mar 8, 2015 12:28 pm
   A  A Subject: [DeTomaso] Proposed Amendment Issues
   A  A All,
   A  A Since I have not yet read the exact wording being proposed for the
   new
   A  A Bylaw Amendment for Article X, I am basing my comments below on
   what I
   A  A have read
   A  A on this forum regarding the proposed Amendment. I have copied
   Larry
   A  A Finchas
   A  A recent message below, as it seems to discuss the proposed
   Amendment in
   A  A detail.
   A  A I appreciate the debate on the new Bylaws Amendment but seem to
   feel
   A  A the most important issue (to me at least) is either not discussed
   or
   A  A glossed
   A  A over in most debate I have read. This issue I am concerned about
   is the
   A  A combination of allowing a majority of avotes casta to decide
   passage of
   A  A an
   A  A amendment, along with the definition of only "25 votes to declare
   an
   A  A election
   A  A valid". To me, this amendment in its current wording smacks of the
   same
   A  A BS that
   A  A most of our current government lawmakers try to do by having a
   great
   A  A change
   A  A (electronic voting) at the top of the agenda, in effect hiding
   fine
   A  A print that
   A  A in the long run puts power to make future changes into the hands
   of a
   A  A select few
   A  A (the constant 25 voters).
   A  A Considering that to change the Bylaws at the
   A  A current time requires five-hundred-plus (500+) votes, out of maybe
   A  A eight-hundred-plus (800+) members, it seems absurd to modify the
   system
   A  A to only
   A  A require twenty-five (25) votes to change the Bylaws in the future.
   A  A I am not
   A  A entirely against defining a number of votes to have a valid
   election,
   A  A but at
   A  A least make it a reasonably sized number backed up by statistics on
   the
   A  A number of
   A  A votes typically received in past elections. If past elections have
   only
   A  A received
   A  A 25 votes, then we have a bigger problem that will not be solved
   with a
   A  A new
   A  A amendment.
   A  A In the end I urge all of you to vote NO on the new Bylaw Amendment
   A  A in its current wording. If the Board and Membership wants to
   initiate
   A  A electronic
   A  A voting, then it should be done by proposing a single Amendment
   that
   A  A changes the
   A  A one issue. Additional issues worthy of change to the Bylaws (such
   as
   A  A number of
   A  A votes for validity, simple majority of votes cast, etc) should be
   A  A proposed in
   A  A similar single issue fashion, and not buried in a comprehensive
   package
   A  A that
   A  A forces us to accept the changes "all or nothing".
   A  A My
   A  A 2-cents!
   A  A Regards,
   A  A Craig Campman
   A  A Red #5303
   A  A On Mar 7, 2015, at 11:00 AM,

     A  A [7][13]detomaso-request at poca.com wrote:
     A  A >
     A  A > ------------------------------
     A  A >
     A  A >
     A  A Message: 21
     A  A > Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 09:10:46 -0800
     A  A > From: Larry Finch
     A  A <[8][14]fresnofinches at aol.com>
     A  A > To: [9][15]detomaso at poca.com
     A  A > Subject: [DeTomaso] Article
     A  A X amendment - my opinion
     A  A > Message-ID:
     A  A <[10][16]49EAEBB2-1702-4D0C-834B-54463EEE62A8 at aol.com>

   A  A > Content-Type: text/plain;
   A  A charset=utf-8
   A  A >
   A  A > All,
   A  A >
   A  A > I would like to offer some insight as to why I
   A  A believe the proposed changes to Article X of the POCA By-Laws
   should
   A  A meet with
   A  A the approval of all POCA members desiring to help our club move
   into
   A  A the
   A  A 21st-century.
   A  A >
   A  A > While retaining the paper ballot for those who prefer or
   A  A need it, the amendment will allow for electronic, internet-based
   A  A voting. While
   A  A email voting is illegal in California and quite subject to
   hacking,
   A  A there are
   A  A acceptable online voting services available for POCA to utilize.
   A  A >
   A  A > The
   A  A amendment also provides a method for members to propose By-Laws
   A  A amendments, a
   A  A process that previously only the Board of Directors could
   initiate.
   A  A >
   A  A > It
   A  A further clarifies voting tabulation will be conducted on the basis
   of
   A  A the votes
   A  A received, and specifies at least 25 votes must be submitted in
   order
   A  A for an
   A  A election to be valid.
   A  A >
   A  A > If passed, this Article X amendment will thus set
   A  A the stage for greater membership participation in future POCA
   business,
   A  A while
   A  A all upcoming elections, such as those we can expect to see later
   this
   A  A year as
   A  A our Board of Directors continues to update and revise the rest of
   the
   A  A POCA
   A  A By-Laws, will not become snail-mail disasters.
   A  A >
   A  A > Please realize that with
   A  A the passage of this Article X amendment, this election will be the
   very
   A  A last
   A  A POCA election that requires the exclusive use of mailed, paper
   ballots.
   A  A >
   A  A >
   A  A That improvement alone should make passage of this amendment a
   slam
   A  A dunk worthy
   A  A of every member?s affirmative vote.
   A  A >
   A  A > Should you have any troubling
   A  A concerns with some other aspect of this Article X amendment, I
   would
   A  A urge you to
   A  A put such concerns aside for the time being.
   A  A >
   A  A > Let?s first pass this
   A  A amendment and permanently retire the troublesome, inefficient
   A  A snail-mail
   A  A election process.
   A  A >
   A  A > Then, if you are still troubled by some portion of this
   A  A amendment, once it is passed you can gather the necessary fellow
   A  A members and
   A  A submit your own By-Laws amendment proposal to correct anything you
   feel
   A  A is in
   A  A need of correcting.
   A  A >
   A  A > Please join with me in voting YES on the proposed
   A  A amendment to Article X.
   A  A >
   A  A > Sincerely,
   A  A >
   A  A > Larry
   A  A >
   A  A >
   A  A >
   A  A >
   A  A >
   A  A ------------------------------
   A  A _______________________________________________
   A  A Detomaso
   A  A Forum Managed by POCA
   A  A Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
   A  A DeTomaso
   A  A mailing
   A  A list

     A  A [11][17]DeTomaso at poca.com

   A  A To
   A  A manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.)
   use
   A  A the links
   A  A above.
   A  A  A  Craig,
   A  A  A  Just to clarify. While the POCA Board has for many years been
   A  A  A  attempting to update the Bylaws it finally came to a head
   after the
   A  A  A  last election. To hopefully not have that happen again the
   Board has
   A  A  A  been working hard on making the critical change to allow
   electronic
   A  A  A  voting after the last very offensive election and while doing
   that
   A  A it
   A  A  A  was realized the wording on the 'majority of POCA members'
   would
   A  A never,
   A  A  A  ever happen so therefore the change was needed say to majority
   of
   A  A  A  'votes cast'.
   A  A  A  As you are a relative newbie to POCA (we're coming up fast on
   our
   A  A 35th
   A  A  A  year), you have to realize as has been mentioned more than
   once that
   A  A in
   A  A  A  a normal election there are just not that many members voting.
   This
   A  A was
   A  A  A  proven especially the year that in hopes of a better turn-out,
   A  A  A  pre-stamped and addressed envelope was included with the
   ballot.
   A  A Even
   A  A  A  then the number of votes cast was abysmal which just proved
   that too
   A  A  A  many members figured their vote wasn't needed.
   A  A  A  That is basically the reason the membership needs to vote YES
   on
   A  A this
   A  A  A  amendment, plain and simple.
   A  A  A  Judy
   A  A  A  Past VP and long-time owner/member of POCA
   A  A  A  -----Original Message-----

   A  A  A  From: Craig Campman <[13][19]ccampman at cox.net>
   A  A  A  To: detomaso <[14][20]detomaso at poca.com>; San Diego Panteras
   A  A  A  <[15][21]sdpanteras at googlegroups.com>
   A  A  A  Sent: Sun, Mar 8, 2015 12:28 pm
   A  A  A  Subject: [DeTomaso] Proposed Amendment Issues

     A  A <[17][23]fresnofinches at aol.com>
     A  A > To: [18][24]detomaso at poca.com
     A  A <[19][25]49EAEBB2-1702-4D0C-834B-54463EEE62A8 at aol.com>

     A  A [20][26]DeTomaso at poca.com
     A  A To
     A  A manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
     etc.) use
     A  A the links
     A  A above.
     A  A Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA
     A  A Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
     A  A DeTomaso mailing list
     A  A [22][28]DeTomaso at poca.com
     A  A To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
     etc.)
     A  A use the links above.