[DeTomaso] How do y'all polish your fuses?

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 11:45:28 EDT 2015

Hi all

Several times over the past year or two an electrical circuit has stopped
working. The solution has been extremely technical and complicated - I've
rotated the fuse in the fuse-holder and the circuit has started working
again.

I'm assuming that what is happening is that the fuses are getting slowly
covered in some sort of oxidation, and rotating the fuses cuts through this
crud allowing good contact to be made again and the circuit works as normal.
It's a gorgeous spring day here, so I'm doing basic things - checking
coolant level, checking oil level, and rotating my fuses. My A/C now works
again, while it didn't before the rotating exercise.

Is there some product that one may spray on fuses and fuse holders to
improve conductivity, or prevent whatever oxidation is occurring? I'm
nervous about spraying and liquid on electrical connections, especially one
that is designed to conduct easily. Anyone have a similar experience? Should
I simply buy new fuses every 2 years or so? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!