[DeTomaso] Glass Pack Mufflers

Tony DiGiovanna tonydigi at optonline.net
Thu Mar 5 22:59:34 EST 2015

I've got a set of Byars 180 deg exhaust on my Pcar.  The "mufflers" are
constructed like a glass pack:  There a 3" inner pipe with radial holes and
a 4" outer pipe over it.  There is no packing.  They are quite loud.  I have
adapted a set of super-trapps to the ends for street use, which are
removable for track days.  I'm just wondering what packing them would do.
Thanks for the incredibly-thorough answer.  It was exactly what I had hoped
for.  Not sure if I'm going act on any of it at the moment...I'm still
putting the whole car back together first.