[DeTomaso] How to calculate loading ramp and angle for particular trailers

Jerry Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Thu Mar 5 09:30:17 EST 2015

As one of my burdens in life I have a GT5 clone with the original style
air dam in front.  I know why it was named a damn.  I have constructed
several sets of ramps over the years via trial and error.  Error is
expensive.  I ran across this web site and it gives you the information
plus does the calculations needed for length and height of ramp using
trailer ramp height and length and air dam height and overhang.

http://www.raceramps.com/trailer-ramp-buying-guide-calculator.aspx

Ramps are available from this site but the dimensions provided for
building your own.

Happy motoring,
jerry knotts