[DeTomaso] Radiators

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Jun 28 21:30:05 EDT 2015

When mine leaked it was an early unrepairable model.  I'm not sure if
the later models can be repaired or not.  My story with them was
primarily about shipping and build quality.  I purchased a replacement
through Summit racing and it came damaged.  Summit made good and shipped
another, it too came damaged.  Upon further inspection I also found
shoddy workmanship in the build of the radiator itself.

I contacted Fluidyne directly and asked if there was a better way to
ship this radiator and also asked questions (nicely) about the build.
They asked for photos which I provided and I ended up speaking directly
with the owner (Gary? I can't recall).  It took a couple of weeks, but
they improved the build process and the shipping box.  They even
provided photos of my radiator before shipping.  The next one I got was
just right.

That one has been in the car now for about three years and is still
working fine.

I think the forum in general would be interested in more information
about the Flowkooler one.
Asa  Jay

Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA
http://www.racingagainstautism.com
http://www.teampanteraracing.com