[DeTomaso] Photo session

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Fri Jun 26 14:39:19 EDT 2015

So many good little Pantera stories.  No doubt we all have more than
one. How about a short column in the POCA newsletter just for these?
 Sent using Hushmail
On June 26, 2015 at 6:18 AM, "Will Kooiman"  wrote:Pretty cool.

We did a drive years ago with the local Lamborghini and Ferrari clubs.
 We
only had 7-8 cars total.  We stopped at a gas station, and a girl was
gaga
over the Diablo.  Her boyfriend was ecstatic too.  Luigi asked the
girl if
she wanted to drive it, so she drove with Luigi in the passenger's
seat.
They went a block up and back.  Then the guy asked if he could drive,
and
Luigi promptly said, "No!".  It was priceless.  Seriously, would you
let a
teenage buy drive your Diablo?

--
Will
On 6/26/15 12:03 AM, "Asa Jay Laughton"  wrote:

>Last year when filling up mine at a local gas station, the barely 20
>year old girl behind the counter was all bubbling about the car
wanting
>to know if it was a Pantera.  I said yes and she promptly pulled out
her
>phone and asked if she could take a photo. I said yes.
>
>Once she got outside I opened the drivers door and told her to sit
down,
>closed the door and took her photo with her camera.  She was ecstatic
>and nearly shaking with delight (insert obtuse reference to
Shakespeare
>here about glove on a hand).  She immediately forwarded the photos to
>her husband who had recently watched one of the auctions and was
>drooling all over a Pantera.  Hehehe... she got to sit in one.
>
>Then a couple weekends ago on a drive with the local Italian car
club, a
>young man probably still in high school comes around looking at the
>Fiat's and the Porsche's (yes, we allow a few German cars in the
drive
>too) and the lone Ferrari.  He seemed to be drawn to the Pantera so I
>had him sit it in.  You couldn't wipe the grin off his face with a
wire
>brush.  He had a friend (who for some odd reason did NOT want to sit
in
>the car) take his photo for him so he could post it later.
>
>Spreading happiness one customer at a time. :)
>Asa  Jay
>
>Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
>&  Shelley Marie
>Spokane, WA
>******************************
>http://www.racingagainstautism.com
>http://www.teampanteraracing.com
>http://facebook.com/racingagainstautism
>

>On 6/25/2015 7:53 PM, Mike Thomas wrote:
>> I had a guy and his wife walk up to me at our weekly Friday show in
>> Covington a few weeks ago.  He looked like he'd just found out that
>>beer was
>> free, and told me that the Pantera was his all-time favorite car.
His
>>wife
>> said that she had heard me coming in, saw just the roof of the car
go
>>by in
>> the next row and pointed it out to him.  They followed me until I
>>parked and
>> he spent about 15 minutes drooling on the car, asking all sorts of
>>questions
>> and all but bowing to it.  I let him get in, and as I was closing
the
>>door
>> for him, his wife says quietly to me "you just make his Christmas
list
>>. . .
>> . ".  I talked with them a while longer and they drifted off to
look at
>> other cars.  If they'd come back around, I was going to take him
for a
>>ride.
>> That would have probably put ne in his will. . . . .
>>
>> It makes you feel good . . .
>>
>> Mike Thomas
>> Pres., Panteras Northwest
>> Yellow '74 #6328

Charles
>> McCall
>> Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 12:15 PM
>> To: detomaso at poca.com
>> Subject: [DeTomaso] Photo session
>>
>> Had a photo session this weekend.. a young guy, absolute car nut
who
>>asked
>> timidly if he would be able to take some pictures of my car. I had
>>nothing
>> planned for this weekend, so I told him to stop on by on Sunday
>>afternoon.
>>
>> He drove for 3 hours each way just to reach my house and see the
car...
>>we
>> spent a couple of hours taking pictures in various places, and
ended
>>with
>> an, erm, spirited ride through the country that left him
speechless. I
>> received gushing thanks where he b...abbled on and on about the
>>experience.
>> I've literally heard people speak less enthusiastically about the
birth
>>of
>> their children Emoticono smile
>>
>> There's a lesson here I think - those of us lucky enough to have
owned
>>these
>> fantastic cars for a certain time perhaps forget the enthusiasm we
felt
>>the
>> first day we bought them or drove them. We love the cars as much as
>>ever,
>> and I'll keep mine until the end of time. But it is refreshing to
share
>> these cars with someone who hasn't been up-close-and-personal with
them
>> before and see the sheer joy in their eyes and relive the
experience.

>> I really enjoyed setting aside a few hours this past weekend doing
just
>> that..

etc.)
>>use the links above.