[DeTomaso] Photo session

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 25 17:33:35 EDT 2015

Well done Charlie!   The Pantera no doubt tops his list of the ultimate dream car!
I had a similar experience with a gentleman I met in Monterey a few years ago.  He's always wanted a Pantera and started looking, but had never driven one.  I told him to meet me at my campsite at Laguna Seca during the Historics (er, Motorsports Reunion) and I'd take him for a ride.  Well after about 30 minutes of looking at the car and pointing out various differences or things to look for in a Pantera, I took him for a somewhat spirited drive, which I'm certain made his day.  But I absolutely floored him half way to Salinas when we turned around and when I pulled over and offered to let him drive back. I think he was nervous because he said "no" at first, but I insisted that if he was looking to buy one he needed to drive one so he has a basis for comparison.  He drove so carefully and respectfully I had to tell him to pull over, wait for some traffic to go by so there was a nice gap between us and any vehicles ahead, then get on it hard and run it to 5500 RPM in each gear (well, up to 3rd maybe).  Now THAT made his YEAR!  And he also couldn't stop babbling when we got back to the RV.

Cue music...  "I'm a believer!"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuBREMXxts

Another new DeTomaso disciple.Keep spreading the gospel!
Cheers!Garth#4033 - the Banzai Runner Pantera

   [1]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuBREMXxts
   #4033 - the Banzai Runner Pantera
On Jun 25, 2015, at 3:15 PM, Charles McCall <[2]charlesmccall at gmail.com> wrot