[DeTomaso] Photo session

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 15:15:25 EDT 2015

Had a photo session this weekend.. a young guy, absolute car nut who asked
timidly if he would be able to take some pictures of my car. I had nothing
planned for this weekend, so I told him to stop on by on Sunday afternoon.

He drove for 3 hours each way just to reach my house and see the car... we
spent a couple of hours taking pictures in various places, and ended with
an, erm, spirited ride through the country that left him speechless. I
received gushing thanks where he b...abbled on and on about the experience.
I've literally heard people speak less enthusiastically about the birth of
their children Emoticono smile

There's a lesson here I think - those of us lucky enough to have owned these
fantastic cars for a certain time perhaps forget the enthusiasm we felt the
first day we bought them or drove them. We love the cars as much as ever,
and I'll keep mine until the end of time. But it is refreshing to share
these cars with someone who hasn't been up-close-and-personal with them
before and see the sheer joy in their eyes and relive the experience.

I really enjoyed setting aside a few hours this past weekend doing just
that..