[DeTomaso] hood fitment between years?

ParaPantera at aol.com ParaPantera at aol.com
Wed Jun 24 17:47:14 EDT 2015

Sorry if I am late to this topic but I have been offline.  Fitment  issues
will vary slightly from car-to-car, yet there is a significant  difference
in the Ford era and non-Ford era cars.  After Ford pulled out of  the Pantera
program, they took their tooling (which was destroyed) with  them.
DeTomaso used different tooling from then on.  I learned this  the hard way when
over a decade ago I had the first true 100% carbon fiber  bonnet (hood) built
for my 72 Pre-L made using a post ford era Hood as a  guide.  The taper
between the headlights had changed, and the length  difference was about 3/4" of
an inch.

Ron Hyde

_Ron Hyde's  De Tomaso Cars Page - My Pantera #2492_
(http://home.comcast.net/~parapantera/site/)

In a message dated 6/4/2015 3:11:09 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,