[DeTomaso] Fwd: [TPR] Happy Father's Day - Pantera Memories

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Jun 21 21:30:21 EDT 2015

Do you remember the first time you were talking with your Dad and saw
the coolest car you'd ever seen in the world actually drive by you and
you said to you Dad, "I'm going to have one of -those- someday."

Take a few moments and reflect on how much your Dad meant to you growing
up.  Yes, most of us saw him as a hero until we got into our teens and
then maybe we thought they were out of touch with reality and then
sometime later a magical thing happened; we understood what it was to be
a Dad.

You might not remember the first cool car you told Dad you'd own
someday, and for most of us that first cool car we spied with Dad
certainly wasn't a Pantera; it was something that came along later and
turned our head.

Today, some of us have children of our own so it might be easier to
remember the first real "car" conversation we had with a son, or
daughter.  What kind of magical memories swim around your mind when you
think of Father/son or Father/daughter when it comes to your Pantera?
Is that something you'd like to preserve just a little longer?

I would.

When you were a teenager, what was the coolest 40 year old car still on
the street, either original or hot-rodded?  Does it compare to the
Pantera?  Why, or why not?

Then turn you mind to today, with that 40+ year old small Italian
package of Argentinian and American descent sitting in your garage.
Have you been like a father to her?  Have you taken her on a nice
Father/daughter night out for dinner and a show?  When was the last time
you let her show off her attributes in public and been proud?  Or
defensive?  How many young men have wanted to date your daughter recently?

It's time for us as Dad's to foster that relationship again.

We've got the Sandhill's Open Road Challenge coming up in just 45 days.
Team Pantera Racing has a small and loyal contingent of driver's from
the mid-West whose mission it is to get as many Panteras registered as
possible.  Word is this year they might have three.

The Silver State Classic Challenge is just 87 days away.  That's less
than three months.  We have some folks still working on engines or just
working on their Pantera in general.  The last few years we've had three
or more Panteras join us in Ely Nevada for three days of fun, story
telling, dinners and racing.  We'd love to see you again, or for the
first time, this year.

- Download the rule book
- Inspect your Pantera
- Fix what you need; get good tires on it
- Get your entry fees in
- Get your hotel rooms reserved

... and see you where the fun begins.  ;)

Asa Jay
2015 TPR President Elect

<Don't make me sic the Dawg on you>

--
Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&   Shelley Marie

-----
No virus found in this message.