[DeTomaso] FW: NPC Probably not new to you aeroheads but wow-

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 15:48:58 EDT 2015

Titanium airplane?

Sure!

The SR-71 Blackbird

-------------- next part --------------
   Titanium airplane?
   Sure!
   The SR-71 Blackbird

   On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 2:38 PM, Ken Green via DeTomaso
   <[1]detomaso at poca.com> wrote:

     A  A What about damage to the hardened resin from the shock of an
     impact?
     A  A Can that be measured?
     A  A The Russians built the Alpha class subs in the late 70 with
     titanium
     A  A hulls, I wonder why they didn't build titanium aircraft?
     A  A Lilo BenZicron (was racing a vintage Mangusta) invented a
     material he
     A  A named Barotex ([1][2]http://www.barotex.com/) to replace carbon
     fiber.A  He
     A  A made a 20 pound rear deck for me that is very rigid.A  He said
     he
     A  A visited Boeing, but because his material is new, he didn't get
     far with
     A  A it.A  I have a visit planned to his shop in Silmar to learn
     more about
     A  A making parts from Barotex.A  It is a lot cheaper than carbon
     fiber.
     A  A Ken
     A  A
     A  A From: Mike Drew via DeTomaso <[3]detomaso at poca.com>
     A  A To: [4]gow2 at rc-tech.net; [5]charlesmccall at gmail.com
     A  A Cc: [6]detomaso at poca.com
     A  A Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:26 PM
     A  A Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] FW: NPC Probably not new to you
     aeroheads but
     A  A wow-
     A  A  A In a message dated 6/17/15 11 33 50, [2][7]gow2 at rc-tech.net