[DeTomaso] FW:  NPC  Probably not new to you aeroheads but wow-

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jun 17 14:29:46 EDT 2015

In a message dated 6/17/15 11 17 24, charlesmccall at gmail.com writes:

> Previous aircraft were "aluminium" designs with parts made in CF to save
> weight, which is not at all the same thing
>

>>>Which a lot of people found out the hard way when the CF tail section
snapped off the fuselage of an A300 as a result of wake turbulence and
aggressive pilot inputs to correct it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Airlines_Flight_587

AA hastily retired their entire A300 fleet not too long afterwards.   In
recent years they have gone on a big Airbus buying binge, ordering a bunch of
A319/320/321 models.   Presumably Airbus has figured out how to keep their
planes together, and for sure AA has modified their training to eliminate the
somewhat cowboy antics that were in vogue in the 1990s.

Mike (if it ain't Boeing, I ain't going...although I do admit to some
lingering skepticism about the all-CF 787....)