[DeTomaso] 3D Printing

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Mon Jun 15 09:14:44 EDT 2015

I have been 3D printing some things; thought I would pass it on as it
presents new solutions for problems.

http://www.rc-tech.net/Tech/3Db.jpg

First is the door mirror. I used left over Bullet mirrors I had which I
sand blasted and powder coated flat black. What I missed is these are more
for fenders and do not have the adjust ability as door mirrors so I drew
and 3D printed new basses, sanded and painted flat PPG. Now the view is
now in range of the driver:

http://www.rc-tech.net/Tech/Mirror.jpg

http://www.rc-tech.net/Tech/Twin%20Peaks.jpg

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/panttransam/3D%20Mirror.jpg

BTW you can see the shift knob I made on the lath in the background of the
last photo.

I was messing with the side vents on the fender and came up with these. I
still have some sanding, a little filler work, primer, paint and I have a
cool screen mesh which attaches behind:

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/panttransam/FV.jpg

Non Pantera related I had a bag for the front of my Triumph and it was
poorly attached with straps and it would float around. I made a mount with
the 3d printer. If you look at the finish, it is not paint btw. The
plastic is ABS. You heat up a few oz of acetone on a hot plate in a jar.
Dip the plastic in the acetone steam and it melts the surface giving the
wet look.

http://www.rc-tech.net/Tech/3Dc.jpg

http://www.rc-tech.net/Tech/Bag1.jpg

http://www.rc-tech.net/Tech/Bag2.jpg