[DeTomaso] Off topic Nascar

Jerry Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Tue Jun 9 12:13:18 EDT 2015

Love the air bags.  You can get it to kneel for loading and unloading.

Rodding doesn't get out of your blood even if you get older.  My three
wheeler has a tricolor fade paint job,a roll bar and rally lights as
well as a gun rack.  Speaking of the gun rack, I guess rednecking
doesn't either.

On 6/9/2015 9:17 AM, gow2 at rc-tech.net wrote:
> I would say very much it was based off the Truckster but a little more
> heavy and a slightly larger bed. Bed will be aluminum Diamond plate. It is
> a Haulster rear axle. The gearing was a little low. It had a 2 speed gear
> box to reduce the speed. I turned the gear box around and it is now a
> doubler:
>
> http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/cush/Build/Build12.jpg
>
> I had an old used 3 wheel Truckster before this. It was rough and the way
> they are made restoration seemed a like it would have been quite the job
> the way the frame is constructed. It would have been more like making one
> from scratch so I did.
>
> http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/cush/c1.jpg
>
> While I had it, I did convert the rear to a triangulated 4-link with
> airbags and it worked out fantastic. Then I added a stake bed:
>
> http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/cush/c4.jpg
>
> http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/cush/c5.jpg
>
> http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/cush/c11.jpg
>
> http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/cush/cush%20haul.jpg
>

> It was an awesome POS.
>

> I liked the triangulated 4-link so much it was how I set up this new one:
>
> http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/cush/Build/Build17.jpg
>
> I did not like the airbags so much because on a vehicle as such it gets
> abused and I was always chasing an air leak. If it would sit out during
> the winter for very long I always had to air up the bags before I used it.
>

>> Is that the 4 wheel version of the Truckster?  A valve shop locally used
>> to have 3 or 4 of the 3 wheel version in gas.  At an estate auction last
>> year I did see a fully restored version they had been using in their
>> garden.  I have a 3 wheel Heald Hauler that I have used for years at the
>> farm for feeding.  They are not only useful but will carry a lot and the
>>
>> jerry
>>
>> On 6/9/2015 8:02 AM, gow2 at rc-tech.net wrote:
>>> Here is another project I got side tracked on. I needed a buggy to run
>>> between the shop and the house to carry thinks like welders, engines,
>>> and
>>> sticks to the back of the woods. Most UTV's any more are set up to be
>>> fun
>>> 4x4's. I didn't need anything like that so I am making a UTV electric