[DeTomaso] Off topic Nascar

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Tue Jun 9 10:17:44 EDT 2015

I would say very much it was based off the Truckster but a little more
heavy and a slightly larger bed. Bed will be aluminum Diamond plate. It is
a Haulster rear axle. The gearing was a little low. It had a 2 speed gear
box to reduce the speed. I turned the gear box around and it is now a
doubler:

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/cush/Build/Build12.jpg

I had an old used 3 wheel Truckster before this. It was rough and the way
they are made restoration seemed a like it would have been quite the job
the way the frame is constructed. It would have been more like making one
from scratch so I did.

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/cush/c1.jpg

While I had it, I did convert the rear to a triangulated 4-link with
airbags and it worked out fantastic. Then I added a stake bed:

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/cush/c4.jpg

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/cush/c5.jpg

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/cush/c11.jpg

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/cush/cush%20haul.jpg

It was an awesome POS.

I liked the triangulated 4-link so much it was how I set up this new one:

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/cush/Build/Build17.jpg

I did not like the airbags so much because on a vehicle as such it gets
abused and I was always chasing an air leak. If it would sit out during
the winter for very long I always had to air up the bags before I used it.