[DeTomaso] Vallelunga for auction

Jerry Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Mon Jun 8 14:31:21 EDT 2015

Bill,

I will give an opinion but if I was so smart I would be rich.  A friend
auctioned a fresh restore of an early Bronco Friday.  He bought the
truck for 6K 6 years ago.  Full body off resto.  New 351W crate motor
all repro fenders and hood, new glass, roll cage, etc.  Lifted 5 inches
with 35 tires,12K Warn winch on the front and new metalic orange paint.

At auction an early Bronco went 15 cars before his.  The other Bronco
had a 20 foot paint job the vent windows were held in with silicone and
there were small body dents scattered on the right side accentuating a
ragged interior.  The first Bronco went for 20K , My friends  went for
24.5 after he dropped the reserve.  I think the guy that sells for the
restore comes out way ahead of the person that sells after a full restore.

I have done it both ways and if you sell before the work, it is a lot
easier and a lower investment with quicker/higher return.

jerry knotts