[DeTomaso] hood fitment between years?

Peter Menyhart pmenyhart at msn.com
Fri Jun 5 13:04:02 EDT 2015

The hood consists of two parts--the "spider"--which is the frame and the skin.
the skin is put on the spider and the outer edges are folded over and rolled on.
I guess depending on Luigis condition when he did that operation could make the hood a little different even so the 2 components where the same.
When I fixed my first car (think 4445) I had a donor car and because my passenger door had some rust and the donor cars was perfect I switched doors.The door was a very poor fit with 1/2 inch gap at some point.There was lots of lead where they had fitted the doors to the body.Same thing on the door--it consists of the inner structure and the skin..
I think even so the parts where stamped,welding the cars together left a lot of "wiggle room " and  they made it fit with lots of lead.
just my 2 cents

Peter

check out our website at:   www.whitehorseranch.com