[DeTomaso] hood fitment between years?

Rlbpantera rlbpantera at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 5 12:24:00 EDT 2015

I bought the hood new in the box from Wilkinson. Seems doubtful he would sell me a GT5 hood. Also I'd previously tried one of his "carbon fiber" hoods and it didn't fit. The problem with both of them was the same: the curvature was different than the fenders and peaked 1/4" above them about a foot from the nose. Seems very unlikely a carbon hood mold would have been made for the GT5. Also I thought I'd heard that stampings didn't come along until after Ford had bought De Tomaso.

Sent from my iPhone

   <[1][7]cmccann1972 at gmail.com>
   >  wrote:
   >> Friends, I'm potentially interested in acquiring a hood from another
   >> Pantera guy. Have I read that not all Pantera hoods are exactly the
   >> same on 71-74 cars? What would I look for as far as fitment issues
   >  for
   >> my late 72 L?
   >> Thank you!
   >> Cullen