[DeTomaso] Tightening a steering column collapsible slider

B Hower b.hower3400 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 22:56:39 EDT 2015

That would be me for one. I used feeler gauge blades slid into gap of slip joint to take the slop out. You may get it tight enough that you have to use a hammer and tap the blade or blades into the gap. Then I used tape wrapped around the shaft and blades to ensure they stayed put. And to make sure I didn't get into the cut off end of the feeler gauge glade. But in case of an accident the assembly could still slip/slide.
I hope this is of some help.

 Bud #3400 ( Drive it like there is no tomorrow -- for there may not be ! )